Application for Classified Summer Employment
FOR CURRENT PERMANENT EMPLOYEES ONLY
If you are NOT a permanent NMUSD employee (including those who are a substitute or on a limited term assignment), and would like to apply for a classified position,
please click here.
- Assignments will be made based on employee seniority within each classification (top 3 most senior will be considered for single position assignments). Those currently in the classification will be selected before any others. Apply separately for each assignment which is of interest.
- Apply online (information will be sent to your sites). Deadline to apply is 4:00 p.m., Friday April 22nd.
- Employment is based on student enrollment. Number of available positions and job hours may vary from those posted here.
- Newport-Mesa employees in the same job classification will receive job preference for all positions.
- Vacation requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis; employees are expected to work the entire duration of Extended School Year or the Summer Reading Academy. In the event that the employee is unavailable to complete the assignment, the District reserves the right to reassign them to an on-call substitute position.
Compensation: Based on salary of the available classification or current salary of employees working in the same classification.